And if you want to know more…
So I’ve been making a living in radio for 30 years. How do I still look so young? Kale and Thin Mint cookies.
I was born in St. Louis and raised on some great local radio. My first job paid nothing. You hear that: NOTHING. I hosted a weekly show on a YMCA radio station. My first paid gig was at WMCL-AM in McLeansboro, Illinois. It paid close to nothing.
Fast forward and before you know it you’re spending 20 years on the most kick-ass country radio station in America.
A bit more about my life. You’ll probably fall asleep so do not read while driving.
- My co-hosts Melissa, Andy and I have won a CMA trophy for Personalities of the year.
- Member of the Stephens Family YMCA Board of Directors
- Honored to guide the YMCA’s Annual Fund/New Membership Committee
- Can often be spotted donating at Community Blood Services.
- A long-time member of the Illinois Marathon Committee.
- Since 2009 I’ve mentored an Urbana student through the awesome CU 1 to 1 Mentoring program.
- Won the Celebrity Shootout two years in a row at the Illini Archery Invitational.
- When I’m not behind the mic or volunteering I’m at the Y working out, on my bike zipping around Champaign-Urbana, helping my wife in our garden, and taking care of our two dogs.