News

Manny Pacquiao plans to box on

Manny Pacquiao plans to box on

FIGHT ON: Manny Pacquiao says he has no plans to retire any time soon. Photo: Reuters

(Reuters) – Filipino great Manny Pacquiao will box on irrespective of the outcome of his November 24 fight against American Brandon Rios, the eight-weight world champion said on Wednesday.

Two straight defeats, the second a sixth-round knockout by old foe Juan Manuel Marquez in December, have triggered talk of retirement which would only increase if he loses in Macau as well.

The 34-year-old Filipino, however, would not even give retirement a thought.

“(I) just want to go out and win this fight,” Pacquiao told reporters through advisor Michael Koncz via a teleconference.

The boxer dismissed any hangover from his last two losses and said he was feeling comfortable and confident ahead of the Macau showdown.

Pacquiao dismissed his last two defeats as part of boxing and denied being under any pressure to re-establish himself as the world’s best pound-for-pound boxer.

He conceded, however, that the Rios fight would be crucial.

“This is one of the most important ones because I want to show my fans in the world that I can still compete at the high level,” he said.

Recent Headlines

in Viral Videos

WATCH: The turkey production line

Fresh
20-overlay4

Ever wonder how that turkey makes it to your table?

in Viral Videos

‘Friends of the Galaxy’ mashes up hit movie, sitcom

Fresh
24-overlay2

If "Guardians of the Galaxy" was set to the "Friends" theme.

in Black Friday, Trending, Viral Videos

TODAY’S MUST SEE: John Oliver takes on Turkey pardoning

Updated
13-overlay5

The silly tradition is lampooned by the "Last Week Tonight" host.

in Entertainment, Lifestyle

11 awkward Thanksgiving jokes

WP-ThanksgivingJokes-UncomfortableGpa

Worried about spending quality time with family this weekend? Cut the dinner table tension with a delightfully awful Thanksgiving zinger.

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: Nov. 26

FILE - In this March 5, 2009 file photo, Michael Jackson is shown at a press conference in London. Testimony from AEG Live executive Paul Gongaware on his interactions with Jackson and his negotiations with the singer’s doctor dominated the fifth week of a civil case against the company filed by the superstar’s mother, Katherine. On Tuesday May 28, 2013, Gongaware reluctantly acknowledged that he negotiated the $150,000 per month rate that Jackson’s doctor expected to be paid to serve on the “This Is It” tour.

A look at the Hollywood headlines that made history.