News

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3′

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3′

WHO YA GONNA CALL?: Not Ivan Reitman. Photo: Associated Press

Director Ivan Reitman has stepped down as the brains behind the latest “Ghostbusters” movie.

The 67-year-old, who directed the 1984 ghost-chasing film and its 1989 sequel, helped co-write the script for the latest film and had to tweak the storyline when Harold Ramis, who was set for a small role in the movie, died last month.

Reitman will stay on as a producer.

The film is finally expected to start shooting early next year.

Original Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd is slated to return, but his co-star Bill Murray is not.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: April 21

dolly

A look at the news making Hollywood headlines in years past.

in Entertainment

Roseanne Barr says she’s going blind

roseanne

The "Roseanne" star, 62, says her "vision is closing in now."

in Viral Videos

WATCH: A proposal from the dog’s POV

15-overlay7

Who needs a selfie stick when you've got man's best friend?

in Lifestyle, Viral Videos

300 strangers attend girl’s birthday party after classmates say no

16-overlay6

Every kid in Mackenzie Moretter's class turned down an invite to her 10th birthday party. What happened next is truly amazing.

in Entertainment

You can take ‘Game of Thrones’ for college credit

gameofthrones

Lots of people watch the hit HBO show for thrills, but some are doing it to make the grade.