1. Saga Communications of Illinois, LLC, Saga Broadcasting, LLC, and Saga Communications, Inc. (herein referred to collectively as “WIXY 100.3 FM” or “Sponsor”) will conduct the “$20,000 Summer” Contest (the “Contest”) beginning on or around June 13, 2013 and concluding on or around August 3, 2013 (“Contest Period”). Contest will be played approximately three (3) times per week at WIXY 100.3 Live Remote Broadcasts, to be announced on WIXY 100.3 FM during the Contest Period. Subject to qualifications and limitations of rule #7, contest is open to all WIXY 100.3 FM listeners 18 years of age or older at the time of their participation in the contest, who hold a valid state article of identification, and reside or work within the Champaign, Illinois Total Survey Area as defined by Arbitron.
2. WIXY 100.3 FM will conduct 100-minute live remote broadcasts from locations around the Total Survey Area approximately three (3) times per week during the contest period. During the live remote broadcasts, participants may register for a chance to be selected as a contest finalist. Prior to the contest finale party on August 3, 2013, fifty (50) contest finalists will be randomly selected from the pool of entries collected at the live remote broadcasts during the contest period. Pre-selected contest finalists will be notified by phone or email prior to the contest finale party and MUST BE PRESENT AT THE CONTEST FINALE PARTY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE “GRAND PRIZE” CONTEST. In addition, the names of the fifty (50) pre-selected contest finalists will be posted on WIXY.com and will be available at the WIXY 100.3 FM studios during regular business hours from August 1, 2013 until the completion of the contest finale party. WIXY 100.3 FM, contest sponsors and affiliated companies WILL NOT be liable for failure to contact contest finalists due to illegible entry forms, phone and/or email messaging problems, or for any other technical reason.
3. The contest finale party will be conducted on Saturday, August 3, 2013 at a time and location to be announced on WIXY 100.3 FM. During the finale party, guests may register for the chance to be one of fifty (50) last-chance contest finalists, to be randomly selected during the event. The fifty (50) last-chance contest finalists will be added to the fifty (50) pre-selected contest finalists to create a pool of Grand Prize contest entries.
4. Pre-selected contest finalists MUST check in with WIXY 100.3 FM staff no later than thirty (30) minutes prior to the Grand Prize contest, or they forfeit their chance to participate in the Grand Prize contest. Time and location of the Grand Prize contest will be announced on WIXY 100.3 FM. The contest finalists MUST appear in person and MUST be the person who registered for the contest.
5. Only contest finalists who are present at the finale party will be entered into the Grand Prize contest. From the pool of contest finalists, one Grand Prize finalist will be randomly selected to participate in the Grand Prize contest play. Odds of being selected as the Grand Prize finalist are up to 1 in 100.
6. The Grand Prize finalist will have the opportunity to select one (1) security-sealed envelope from a batch of one hundred (100) sealed envelopes. Each envelope will contain a message. One (1) envelope will contain the message “YOU WIN.” The remaining ninety-nine (99) envelopes will each contain the message “$1,000.” If the envelope containing the message “YOU WIN” is selected, the Grand Prize finalist will win $20,000. If one of the envelopes containing the message “$1,000” is selected, the Grand Prize finalist will win $1,000.
7. Contestants may participate in the contest a maximum of one (1) time at each of the $20,000 Summer Live Remote Broadcasts and a maximum of one (1) time at the contest finale party. A maximum of one (1) contest finalist per household will be allowed for this entire contest. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of WIXY 100.3 FM, Grand Prize Promotions, their advertising agencies, the Promotion judging organization, all prize suppliers or promotional partners and promotional companies involved in this Contest, as well as family and household members of same, shall be ineligible to participate in the Contest and shall be ineligible for any prize covered within. Employees of other radio stations within the Champaign, Illinois Total Survey Area, as defined by Arbitron, and their families may not participate and are not eligible to win.
8. In the event of a $20,000 Grand Prize being awarded, the winning Grand Prize contestant will be required to submit sufficient identification in person, including a valid driver’s license or passport and Social Security card by 5pm on the next business day following the date of winning the contest. The name on the identification must match exactly with the name provided during the contest. Failure to timely provide the identification documents will result in disqualification of the Grand Prize contestant. The winning Grand Prize contestant must execute and deliver to WIXY 100.3 FM the “Winner’s Affidavit & Release” provided.
9. The Grand Prize contestant is subject to verification of their identity by WIXY 100.3 FM prior to his/her Grand Prize being awarded.
10. WIXY 100.3 FM is not, and cannot be held, responsible for a listener’s claimed inability to complete the required Contest entry whether due to equipment malfunction or telephone difficulties. Nor can WIXY 100.3 FM be held responsible for a winner’s inability in getting to the WIXY 100.3 FM studios to claim prizes or in failing to provide sufficient identification.
11. WIXY 100.3 FM, Contest sponsors, and any affiliated companies and insurers are not responsible for any late, misdirected or incomplete entries, effects of hackers, or failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections. WIXY 100.3 FM, sponsors and any affiliated companies and insurers are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information that may be used in the Contest, or for any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries.
12. WIXY 100.3 FM, sponsors and any affiliated companies and insurers are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled, or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, WIXY 100.3 FM reserves the right to terminate an Official Contestant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, hackers or other causes beyond the control of WIXY 100.3 FM, or Contest sponsors which, in the sole opinion of WIXY 100.3 FM, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Game, WIXY 100.3 FM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate all or any part of the Contest. WIXY 100.3 FM, and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry which is generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure, or is tampered with or subject to any non-authorized human intervention.
13. Prizewinners are required to sign a WIXY 100.3 FM release form before the prize will be awarded. The release form includes a certification that the Official Contestant is fully aware of all terms and conditions in these rules. All winners are responsible for any federal, state and local taxes as well as any additional expenses incurred with the awarding or use of the prize, and therefore must present a valid Social Security card, or other evidence satisfactory to WIXY 100.3 FM that the winner has a valid Social Security number, before claiming a prize.
14. Names and likenesses of Contest winner(s) may be used by WIXY 100.3 FM and their designee(s) for promotional purposes without further compensation to WIXY 100.3 FM or the Contest winner(s). Contest winners are required to sign a release that acknowledges that WIXY 100.3 FM have the right to, without further authorization, reasonably use the winner’s name, voice, photo, likeness, biographical information, and that WIXY 100.3 FM may use the fact that the winner is a Grand Prize winner for promotional purposes on-the-air without further financial remuneration. In addition, the prize winner releases WIXY 100.3 FM, any of the participating sponsors, their officers, directors, stockholders and employees from any and all claims, liabilities and damages arising directly or indirectly from award or use of the prizes.
15. All prizes must be claimed within the specified time, outlined above, at the WIXY 100.3 FM studios, 2603 West Bradley Avenue, Champaign, during regular business hours (8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday), failing which the prize remains the property of WIXY 100.3 FM.
16. Contest void where prohibited. No purchase necessary to enter or win the Contest.
17. There will be no substitution for prizes. Participation in the Contest and the prizes awarded are non-transferable. Failure to collect the prize within the specified period constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of WIXY 100.3 FM. Another winner will not be selected.
18. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible Official Contestants calling during any particular birthday contest.
19. All decisions of WIXY 100.3 FM management in the interpretation of these rules are final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official rules. If the winner is found to be in violation of the rules, he/she may be required to forfeit his/her prize.
20. In the event that the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner, (e.g. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien and the like), WIXY 100.3 FM’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representatives seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WIXY 100.3 FM shall not be liable for any claim by winner for damage incidental thereto.
21. WIXY 100.3 FM reserves the right to make rule and/or Contest changes without notice at any time.
22. A copy of these rules is available at WIXY 100.3 FM, which is located at 2603 West Bradley Avenue, Champaign, Illinois, 61821. Phone: (217)352-4141.